You don’t need to run to be part of race day!
Volunteers are essential in making sure that race day is a huge success and you will be part of a large team of amazing volunteers called ‘The Extra-Milers’ that will help ensure that runners and spectators alike have a great experience.
You don’t need any special skills, just be reliable, flexible and have lots of enthusiasm! There are a whole range of different roles available on race day and will be something to suit everyone such as;
- Helping to keep the runners hydrated by manning the water station
- Are you an organiser? Why not help to man our baggage area
- Are you a people person? Help support and direct runners and visitors around the start/finish areas and steward runners as they navigate the junctions, hazards and speed bumps around the course
- Congratulating runners by handing out medals, finisher t-shirts and water
- Do you have a flare for socialising, why not help with the hospitality for all the VIP runners
- Good with a camera? You could be a volunteer Photographer
We’ll provide you with a volunteer kit, breaks, refreshments and on the day support through a supervisor as well as all the support and training you need to undertake your role.
Volunteering is a great way to have fun, make friends, enhance your CV and experience the electric atmosphere of race day. So if you just want to be part of this prestigious international event or have a friends or family member running then why not volunteer!
If you are part of a local community or youth group that might be interested in getting involved, we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions please contact Marina or Naomi:
email@example.com / 02921 660790
PLEASE NOTE: The minimum age for volunteering is 14. All 14-17 year olds must have a completed parental consent form and be accompanied during their volunteering by someone over the age of 18 (as agreed by a parent/guardian).