Transferring Your Entry
TRANSFERRING TO ANOTHER RUNNER
If you can no longer take part in the 2021 ABP Barry Island 10K, you have until the our transfer deadline on Monday 11 July at 4pm to transfer your entry to another runner so you can receive a refund.
You will find a transfer link in the confirmation email you received when you signed up, or you can login (below) to your ACTIVE account with your email address and password.
Any transfer to another participant will be subject to any price difference of race category transfer (if the participant who is transferring purchased a cheaper category race entry). There will be no transfer fee.
Transfers are conducted through our online entry system, ACTIVE:
- Existing participant generates a transfer link
- Existing participant sends transfer link to runner wishing to take their un-used space
- New runner signs up for the race, paying full price for their entry
- Once the registration is complete, existing participant receives refund minus the transfer fee
Our transfer deadline is also your last chance to make any final changes to your entry. These include:
- Your predicted finish time (this will determine your starting pen)
- Your postage address (where your race pack will be delivered)
- Your t-shirt size
- Your Welsh language preferences (this will determine whether you get a Cymraeg badge on your runner number)
No transfers or changes to entries will be possible past the transfer deadline as race packs (with runners specific medical and address details) go into production after this date.
If you have an Affiliated or Welsh Athletics entry type you will need to transfer it to someone eligible to take it (that is affiliated to a UK or Welsh Athletics club).
Never swap your race number with any other runner outside of the official transfer service via our registration system as this will cause problems for our medical teams and results service. It will also invalidate insurance if the person running with your number is involved in an incident and is extremely dangerous. If race organisers become aware of anyone who swaps their race number they will be disqualified and reported to British Athletics, you will also be banned from all future R4W events. Processes are in place to monitor the swapping of race numbers, including finish line camera technology and social media monitoring. Spot checks will also be in operation at pen entry points.